No one is perfect in this world. But when we fall in love we think we’ve found the ideal partner who embodies all that is good, beautiful, and true. After some time, however, we may start to have doubts as to whether we’ve chosen the right person.
Selfbrandpal made a list of 10 characteristics of the perfect man to marry.
- 1. He seems interested in everything you have to say.
This one is huge. Most girls have had experiences with guys who are awful listeners that pretend to hear you but actually have no interest in what you’re talking about. So, when you find a guy that looks you in the eyes when you talk (but not creepily…ew), listens to everything you’re saying, responds to what you’re saying, and remembers what you said days or weeks afterwards, don’t take him for granted. A guy that’s really into you will want to listen to anything and everything that you say, even if he can’t relate to it, so he can get to know you better.
- 2. You are real.
You’re completely comfortable around each other and don’t need to pretend to be anyone else. You accept each other for who you are, and love each other for it.
- 3. You don’t need to wear make up.
You don’t feel the need to paint your face when you see him. He’s seen you with your bed head, glasses and nighttime retainer, and doesn’t love you any less.
- 4. Even at the end of a really bad day, all you want is to be with him.
No matter what kind of crummy mood you’re in, you’d rather be with him than be alone, for you’re better with him than without him.
He patiently listens while you speak your mind and he won’t invalidate your concerns with his honest feedback. His confidence and passion positively influence your own, which makes your relationship all the more exciting. You want to be near him, always.
- 5. He will support you.
No matter how big your dreams may be or how crazy your cravings are at 2 am, he understands and supports it, even if he may not get it.
When you’re up all hours of the night cramming for an exam or trying to meet a work deadline, he’ll be right by your side, cheering you on, making your third pot of coffee and rubbing your back when you need a 5-minute break.
- 6. He makes sacrifices for you, and you are happy to do the same for him.
- 7. Even after years of being together, he still does little chivalrous things for you.
Like open doors for you, or carry you to your doorstep when your feet hurt after wearing high heels all day and you just can’t bear to walk one more block.
- 8. You care so deeply about each other that, at times, you actually feel each other’s pain.
- 9. Your relationship may be rocky at times but the rough patches help you grow.
- 10. You both know that throughout life you might change and grow, but you’ll always change and grow together. Life is about enjoying the stages with each other.