What are some of the myth about masturbation?
Masturbation is still a challenging topic to talk about. Even in the closest of romantic relationships, there may be struggles in regards to this subject matter.
Numerous myths still exist in our culture with respect to masturbation.
Also read:-Never marry a guy who has these habits
There are many myths about masturbation. What you need to know is that masturbation is okay as long as it does not interfere with your sexual intimacy with your partner.
The truth about masturbation:
- Masturbation does not cause hairy palms.
- Masturbation does not make your eyesight go bad or cause you to go blind.
- Masturbation does not cause acne.
- Masturbation will not cause your penis to shrink.
- Masturbation will not make you go insane.
- Masturbation does not cause cancer.
- Masturbation will not make you sterile.
- Masturbation will not give you an STD.
- Masturbation is not self abuse
- Masturbation is not a steppingstone to the homosexual lifestyle.
- Masturbation is not unnatural.
Masturbation can also be referred to as
- Play with oneself
- jerk off or whack off
Some other important point to know about masturbation is:
- People still masturbate when they are in long-term relationships such as marriage
- Everyone masturbates different amount. There is no right or wrong number.
- Masturbation is a problem if it interferes with day to day life or if it is used as a substitute for real intimacy with another person.
- Masturbation can help you learn what you like and don’t like sexually.
- Masturbation is something used to relieve tension.
If you believe you have any problem with masturbation based on what you have just read, you should see a sex therapist.